No clutter in 2015 - week 41 update |Keeping it Real

Thursday, October 15, 2015

No clutter in 2015 - week 41 update



Have you noticed that there are only 11 weeks left of 2015? That means that I have only two months and a half to complete my goal for this year: a clutter free house. And I still have a long way to go...

Although I've mentioned several times here before that I need to go through my craft closet, select those materials I actually plan to use and get rid of everything else, I still haven't managed to do so. Or not as much as I wanted to.

Still, last weekend, I focused on a real stash buster: I created the reusable gift bags tutorial. With this tutorial I can (and you can too!) create cute gift bags using nothing but fabric and ribbon scraps. 

One of the bags was already used for a birthday party we attended last Saturday, and on Sunday I took the opportunity to sew together a few more. Though I still have a huge pile of scraps, I think the reusable gift bags will be very helpful in the upcoming holidays season, in several ways: I will not buy more wrapping paper (saving money and reducing the space needed to store wrapping paper on yet another closet) and I will get rid of a lot of scraps (decluttering).  

If you missed the reusable gift bags tutorial I posted last Monday, click below to check it out. 

http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es/2015/10/diy-reusable-gifts-bags-tutorial.html

Plans for next weekend? Of course. 

One more stash buster project is under way, this time to reuse felt scraps (of which I have a lot too), though I'm not sure if I will have time to finish it in the next few days,  since I'm creating a digital pattern to share with it. 

And I also want to complete the "inspection" of my son's clothes closet. Earlier this week I managed to put aside a few pairs of pants that don't fit anymore, and some shoes too, but I'm sure there are more clothes in there up for donation.

Since I now also have a friend that is interested in girl clothes, I need to go back to the old clothes boxes and check if there are a few more items that I can also get rid of. 

Uff, decluttering is hard work. And what's worse, it takes time. Though my house is not completely clutter free (and probably never will), I'm getting a lot better at not bringing unnecessary items into the house, which is a good thing, right?

http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es/2015/09/3-basic-rules-to-get-rid-of-clutter.html

Happy decluttering,
keeping it real, craft blog

No comments:

Post a Comment