No clutter in 2015 - week 26 update |Keeping it Real

Thursday, July 2, 2015

No clutter in 2015 - week 26 update



Well, we are now in the first week of July and half the year has gone by already. 

Last week I ended up replacing the decluttering update with another post (The Blogging Schedule for the usy Mom) which, even though it also revolves around the organization topic, doesn't add much on my decluttering journey. 

Which doesn't mean that I haven't been busy decluttering. Actually, I have been so busy that I have a huge pile of items on top of our guest-room bed waiting to be shipped out.




Don't believe me? Check it out below. It's a bit of everything, from clothes to kids shoes that are in good condition but don't fit anymore, and even to blankets that have been stored in the linen closet ever since we moved in and were never used. I'm figuring if we didn't need them in the past seven years, it's unlikely we will ever really need them.


Hopefully I'll get rid of all this on Saturday, and then I'll have a much less cluttered guest-room to deal with. 

And after that, I decided that I need to go back to the books. That's where all this decluttering thing started, and even though I've already sold or donated a fair amount of books, I still have too many of them piling up around. So I may have to take some drastic decisions to empty the bookshelves faster. 

I'm hoping to find a bit of free time during the weekend to purge a few more things and clean out the house before my son's birthday next week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment