No clutter in 2015: week 23 update |Keeping it Real

Friday, June 12, 2015

No clutter in 2015: week 23 update





We're in June, it's week 23 and half of the year is practically gone. To tell the truth, there is still a lot of clutter in my house, but I'm slowly working on it.

This week I've been mostly focused on books (again and again). I had too many books to start with and it's taking me a long time to deal with them. In the last few days, today included, I got rid of a whole bunch of them, and I have a few more that I want to replace by digital books and then donate the paper ones.

I also cleaned out the kids underwear drawers, taking out a lot of things that didn't fit anymore and a huge amount of mismatched socks. I usually pair the socks before putting them in the drawers, so I really have no idea how they ended mismatched, but the truth is that they did. But now the drawers are clean, much less cluttered and everything is matched again. Hopefully the kids will help and keep them like that over time.

I've also started an upcycling project that's going to use up a lot of old t-shirts, onesies and pajamas that the kids have outgrown. I still have some sewing left to do, but I hope I can share it over the next few weeks.

I don't expect to have a lot of free time in the next few days as we have lots of plans already, but I need to continue to clean out some more bookshelves, so that's what I will be focusing on now, and I'll update next week again.

In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your week and have a wonderful weekend,


No comments:

Post a Comment