May 2015 crochet along - update on part 3 |Keeping it Real

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May 2015 crochet along - update on part 3

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cll707fp50b11t4f1p2iftamdok

This is just a quick update on the May 2015 crochet along. If you remember my latest post, I finished part 2 on Saturday. Since then I've been working on part 3 (check here for the patterns), although today Joanita, from  Creative Crochet Workshop has already published part 4, the final stage of the challenge!

Here are the completed small rectangles from part 3:

crochet along, scraps of yarn, may 2015 mystery CAL challenge

And the large rectangle (with some color change in the middle of the rows; can't be helped if you're using just scraps of yarn!): 

crochet along, scraps of yarn, may 2015 mystery CAL challenge

Last night I started putting it all together, following the instructions. But I've been putting in long hours at work and, on top of that, I'm down with a nasty cold. So I must have been half asleep and this is what I found on my kitchen table this morning. 

crochet along, scraps of yarn, may 2015 mystery CAL challenge




There is nothing particularly wrong with it, though it's still incomplete. But if you've seen Joanita's instructions, you know that the granny squares made using the same pattern are not supposed to be together on the same side of the large rectangle. But now I've put two in place and I should really remove one and switch it for one of the other granny squares. 

I've been debating all day, but probably I'm just going to leave it as is. No one but the people that have actually seen the patterns will know about it, and if I need to go back and do it right, I'll probably will not get if finished during the month of May. Or ever. 

Anyway, I'll see tonight how it goes, and I'll publish the photos of the final project as soon as I can.

 
In case you haven't heard about this challenge before or you're curious about how (and what) all these pieces of crochet are going to end up when assembled, check out Joanita's Creative Crochet Workshop


No comments:

Post a Comment