New diary gift set |Keeping it Real

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

New diary gift set

Remember the DIY diary gift set I posted about a couple of weeks ago? That one has already found a new home, my son chose it (between the portfolio of homemade gifts I always have prepared) to give to a girl from his school that turned eight recently and invited him for her birthday party.

In the meantime...hum, yes...I made another. They are so easy to make that I couldn't resist.


They are made with just one strip of felt wide enough for the diary or notebook to fit in once the sides are sewn, and folded over to form an envelope. It closes with a piece of velcro and this time I used my pinking shears to add some detail to the top flap.


I bought a Disney's Violetta diary thinking of one of our friend's daughter that loves Violetta. She'll be turning seven by the end of this month and because she always receives lots of presents, especially from her grandparents, I'm always struggling to find something original to give her.


Over the closure of the envelope I glued a glittery heart (cut with some help from my Sizzix). This not only makes the whole set look cuter but also helps to hide the stitches used to secure the velcro. 


In addition to the diary I also added a matching pen and now I think I have the perfect gift.






If you want to make one and need more detailed instructions, refer to either here or here, or send me an e-mail and I'll be glad to answer to any questions you may have.

Enjoy,


16 comments:

  1. How adorable!!! The young lady will love it!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Esther, I do hope she'll like it...

      Delete
  2. Handmade gifts are always the very best. Your little felt envelope is just right to hold the diary and pen. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  3. Aww. This is so cute!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable gift idea. Thanks for sharing this with the Tips & Tricks Link Party. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simple yet great idea for a gift. There is something about a handmade item that seems special. I really need to get someone to teach me how to use a sewing machine. Thanks for linking up to #BigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sewing machine needed! You can hand sew it or even use fabric glue! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. What a sweet gift! I'm sure she'll love it. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday!! Hope to see you tomorrow!! Pinned!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea and so easy to do! The felt purse could be used separately or as an additional layer to hide the diary in plain site :) Love the heart, great touch! Thanks for sharing with Snickerdoodle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the possibilities are almost endless, that's why I really like these felt envelopes...Anyway, thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

      Delete