Dear Diary...DIY gift set |Keeping it Real

Monday, March 9, 2015

Dear Diary...DIY gift set


 diary gift set, DIY, how to

Last week I was off blogging most of the time. My son was down with the flu in the beginning of the week and then, when he was able to go back to school, my daughter started throwing up. Fun stuff (and a huge load of laundry to take care of)...I just managed to go through some of my regular posts, but not much more than that. I have been busy, but was just not in the right state of mind to sit down and write.

Anyway, everyone seems to be better now, so I'm finally sharing today something that was actually made a couple of weeks ago, at almost the same time as the Stationery Gift Set (check that story here). The felt envelopes gave me all sorts of ideas and one of them was a diary set.

I had actually purchased a while ago a Minnie Mouse diary, complete with lock and key, thinking that with all the girls birthday parties my kids are invited to, it would be a fun gift. It was just the perfect opportunity to make an envelope and create another cute gift set.

Here are the materials: felt for the envelope, a diary or a notebook, a matching pen or pencil (optional, but always looks good - I managed to find some Minnie Mouse pencils at the dollar store) and a matching embellishment - again, optional, but makes the whole set look a little better and in addition covers the stitches used to sew the velcro used to keep the envelope closed (more details on the how-to here).

diary gift set, DIY, how to




I made a felt and beads flower (with a glittery center) to match the blue and pink flower in the diary cover. 

diary gift set, DIY, how to



After sewing the sides of the envelope and the velcro, and gluing the flower, this is what I got (front and back): 

diary gift set, DIY, how to

diary gift set, DIY, how to

And here is the complete set: 

diary gift set, DIY, how to



Done! One cute and easy gift set that almost any girl will love. And pretty inexpensive too...

diary gift set, DIY, how to



I still have at least two other projects in the making using the same envelopes idea, but I've also been busy with a series of upcycling projects (hopefully I'll be able to share the first one tomorrow), so the felt envelopes will wait a little bit more.

diary gift set, DIY, how to

Enjoy,



Linking up to the Monday Handmade Linkup Party, to the Show and Share, and to as many parties as possible from my Link Parties Page!









22 comments:

  1. Teresa, this is so sweet!
    I would love for you to stop by my blog and join our link party Something to Talk About!
    Have a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! Linked up and added to my link parties page!

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! I'm sure any little girl would love to have this :) Thanks for sharing this beautiful craft design at Together on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very Cute! I would have loved to get a gift set like this when I was younger. Thank you for tossing your hat into the ring at the Party Under The Big Top! I hope to see you again next week!
      #BigTopBlogParty

      Delete
  3. So cute. You've inspired me to make this. I have some felt and some glitzy beads/buttons. Thanks.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative and crafty. This is another really cute idea/project! I wish I was as talented as you are that's for sure! ;-)

    Thank you for linking up to Party Under the Big Top, the #BigTopBlogParty! So happy you were able to join in on the fun this week!

    Wishing you a fabulous week!

    Much love,

    Lysa xx
    Welcome to My Circus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. This is such a cute idea!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and a special way to personalize the diary. I'm glad your family is on the mend. Thank you for linking up to Tips and Tricks. Hope to see you again this week. Kathleen @ Fearlessly Creative Mammas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen! I'll link up again for sure!

      Delete
  7. So cute! I'm sure my niece would love this. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Brittany, have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  8. I love this!! Super cute!! Thanks for linking up with My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday - Party!! I love having you!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really sweet! I'm glad everyone is on the mend. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Thanks for sharing it with us! #tttparty

    ReplyDelete