Why does everything take longer than expected? |Keeping it Real

Friday, April 11, 2014

Why does everything take longer than expected?

When I started this blog I planned to have new projects every week ready to be shared. Finished new projects, to be specific.

Well, finished projects seem to be an endangered species around here. As usual, I always start more than I can finish. This is the latest example:

(please ignore the mess my kids made of the four original balls of yarn...)

Ever since I made the flower crochet pillow with the intention of putting it in my daughter's room, it has actually been sleeping in my son's bed. Every single night. That led me to promise I would make him is own crochet pillow in more boyish colors. He said he wanted blue, brown, green and red but I managed to get a compromise for just blue and brown (actually, more like caramel than brown).

Last week I had a day off work and I decided to test a spiral pattern I found on Pinterest. After some initial difficulties, it came together pretty quickly. Right until the time the kids came back from school. After that, it has been sleeping in a bag in our home office until I can find the time to finish it.

But I did like the pattern and I may come to test it with more than two colors to get to see its full potential.

See you around,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment