Valentine’s day projects part 1 – pony tail holders |Keeping it Real

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentine’s day projects part 1 – pony tail holders

Valentine’s day is not a day we celebrate a lot in our house. Not even when my husband and I were dating. We did give each other the occasional gift, but the date usually goes by without a lot of fuss.

Since the kids started school, however, they are used to making a special project in class for Valentine’s day. Since my youngest is in her first year at school, I tried to explain her what it was all about and we decided to come up with something fun and that she could use (we have too much clutter around the house as it is, so useful was in order for the day). Hair accessories seemed just the right choice.

So I bought a bag of cheap ponytail holders (I forgot to take a picture, but it came with an assortment of holders in several colors). I chose the smallest size they had because (1) she does not have a lot of hair anyway and (2) if you make a pair, they can double as pigtail holders.

I’m lazy so I used my Sizzix Big Shot to cut some small hart shapes out of pink felt, but you can easily cut use scissors to do the job.


I chose 4 plain ponytail holders in pink and round buttons matching the colors of the hearts.


Then all I had to do was to sew the hearts to the buttons and attach the buttons to the ponytail holders…


And voilà: cute Valentine’s day ponytail holders


You can make them in any color, using matching or contrasting thread and buttons.


And because they are small, you can even use them as a ring.


While we were on a roll, we also made some hair clips, which I will tell you all about tomorrow.

See you around,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment